Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Countdown is ON!

What have I been up to lately? Yes I am 9 months pregnant but that's not slowing me down one bit! I have a LONG list of "TO-DO's" and "Honey-DO'S." So far Daniel has worked VERY hard to prepare for Coopers arrival. He has been busy putting up closet doors, changing out light fixtures, putting together the pack n' play and SO much more! My to-do's are a little more exciting and fun. Take a look at a few things I accomplished this morning...



I added all of Cooper's toys to his toy box in the living room.


Washed Cooper's Bottles!


Planted flowers. I had this grand idea to keep these nice pots full of flowers at the entrance to our church building. That plan failed... twice. So I brought the pots back home and decided to plant flowers in them today. Lets hope they like my house better that the church building. The beautiful green leafy plant in the middle is a hydrangea. I planted it a year ago. It's tripled in size but decided not to bloom this year. Oh well, at least it's still alive!


I planted these a few weeks ago. I must have my grandmothers green thumb because they are really growing! (That and I am blessed to live in the shade.)






I made a flower pen basket! I have heard that the nurses at the hospital are wonderful and I wanted to be sure to have a nice gift for the hospital staff. Since I will be a little busy delivering a baby while I'm there, I knew I needed to think ahead. A friend of mine gave me the idea of giving the staff writing pens. Nurses always need pens right? So here is my fun crafty way of giving boring pens! Lets hope it's not to cheesy. How to? Get a basket and put Styrofoam in the bottom. Take silk flowers and attach to pens using floral tape. Stick in foam. I added tons of pens without the flower as well.



Daniel's It's a Boy Cigars. Well... OK these are not cigars, but they are the equivalent of. These are giant, medium, and mini Hershey's chocolate bars. Yummmm. They are covered in an argyle wrapper that says "Welcome Cooper Patrick Evans, Proud parents, Daniel and Ryan Evans." As much as we would love to keep the hospital experience all to ourselves we are in touch with reality. Cooper will be the first grandchild on each side of the family, and the first great grandchild on one. So we are guessing the waiting room will be packed. After Cooper's arrival I'm hoping people will take the chocolate and go home. Wishful thinking... We do expect lots of excitement and we are so thankful to have family and friends that love and care about us so much!



Now it's time to reorganize the kitchen...and maybe the bathroom...






















1 comment:

  1. HI Ryan! Guess you are ready to deliver ANY day! Sounds like your Mom is there and everything is ready! Been reading your blog - your room for Cooper is so darling! Enjoyed seeing all your pictures! We will be thinking and praying for you at this very special and exciting time in your life! Can't wait to see your newborn's pictures! Tell your Mom "hi" for us! Love, Lynn and Bob Packer

    ReplyDelete