Wednesday, November 18, 2009

My Middle East Adventure has Begun! (With Dubai pics)
















Hello Family and Friends! I arrived safely in Kuwait. My adventure began at the Little Rock Airport, where upon my arrival I discovered Delta had an error in their passenger roster. The error was MY NAME WAS NO WHERE TO BE FOUND! After much crying and persuading they were able to fix the problem and I was able to board the plane just in time. My flight to Atlanta was nice and short and my connecting flight to Amsterdam was easy to find. As I waited to board the next plane I noticed I was in the middle of a sea of camo, and not the Arkansas camo. It was a truly humbling experience. As I readied for my trip to Kuwait I strategically planned each outfit. As I looked over the men and women dressed in there government issued fatigues, I could not think of a more honorable outfit. I really feel God put me at the right place and the right time to witness the great number of soldiers we send out everyday. Here I am missing my husband who I get the chance to talk to almost everyday and I have the reassurance that he is safe. How very blessed I am to have the men and women who are willing to give up there families, careers, dreams and possibly their lives to ensure our safety. It truly was an unforgettable moment for me. It no longer mattered what I wore, how skinny I looked, or even how much money I had. All that mattered was as an American, I am so very blessed in every way.
It was a long 9 1/2 hour flight and I was sick of sitting. Not to mention the 3 movies offered on the plane where terrible. I have never even heard of them and no one else had either. After arriving in Amsterdam, I found my next connecting flight which took me a good hour. I had a 7 hour layover so I was not pressed for time. I purchased Gouda cheese on a stick, Belgian Chocolate and a Coke and made that my Breakfast. DELICIOUS! The flight to Kuwait was really nice. Big movie selection and it was only a 6 hour flight. I Started feeling a little sick when we landed, but that was more nerves of seeing Daniel for the first time in 6 months than anything else. This is where my adventure really began. From the moment I stepped off the plane, I truly felt like I was in another world. I look forward to telling you, but we must catch a flight to Dubai now! More to come...

1 comment:

  1. Glad you made it safely! Have a wonderful time. I look forward to the stories =)

    ReplyDelete